Trauma Resilience Team
Trauma Resilience Team (TRT):
This team is comprised of a group of Pierce County MRC volunteers with nationally recognized trauma and mental health training.
The TRT mission is to help build trauma resilience in the community and respond with trained volunteers in the event of a traumatic event, such as a death by suicide, mass casualty or disaster.
- Short term mental health support for stress management or following traumatic events (either in person or online)
- Educational activities to promote trauma resilience
- The TRT can deploy in a variety of settings and incidents with flexible scheduling and customizable services.
Generally, all of Pierce County, WA. However, team members may potentially be deployed across the state or even nationally.
- All TRT members are volunteers within the Pierce County Medical Reserve Corps.
- All TRT members have had background checks and are credentialed as Washington State emergency workers.
- All TRT members receive nationally recognized crisis and mental health training
Please Note – This is community-level mental health support, not licensed mental health therapy. TRT members do not diagnose or treat.
- Group and Individual Crisis Training
- Health Support Team (HST)
- Psychological First Aid (https://www.nctsn.org/resources/psychological-first-aid-pfa-online)
- Suicide intervention
- Continuing education opportunities