The Pierce County MRC has a Behavioral Health team called the Trauma Resilience Team (TRT). This team is comprised of a group of MRC volunteers with nationally recognized trauma and mental health training.
TRT members provide short-term mental health support in crisis or acute stress situations and promote trauma and stress resilience in the community through educational activities. The Trauma Resilience Team can deploy in a variety of settings and incidents with flexible scheduling and customizable services.
The services TRT provides include:
- Onsite, short term mental health support
- Online support via Zoom
- Educational activities to promote trauma resilience
- Stress management
- Compassion Fatigue
- Trauma resilience strategies
Members receive training in:
- Group and Individual Crisis Training
- Psychological First Aid (https://www.nctsn.org/resources/psychological-first-aid-pfa-online)
- Suicide intervention (https://kaiserpermanente.care.ronline.com/)
- Continuing education opportunities